[arch-general] Package updates for Long out of Date packages - comment

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:04:05 UTC 2016

Not being able to post to arch dev public, and gaving seen that there was a
list posted by Florian Pritz today with sets of packages that have been
long out of date, I thought I would post a comment here about two
particular packages that appear in that list.

Having done some work privately recently on building refind-efi and
gnu-efi-libs, I wanted to note that refind-efi was recently updated in the
past few days, and is already at the latest version 0.10.4. I guess that
Florian will already be aware of that? Gnu-efi-libs is also on the list but
there is a very good reason that it has not been updated from version 3.0.3
to 3.0.4, which is that the newest version does not build for i686, at
least when I tried to do that in an x86_64 machine using abs, even though
it builds for x86_64, and that package is needed when building refind-efi
so that would probably need an upstream fix before it can be brought up to
date for both i686 as well as x86_64.

--
mike c