[arch-general] cp from USB to interal sata uses up all CPU

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Oct 24 10:48:07 UTC 2016

Hi list,
I just noticed this today. I rebooted the system once, since the proper
installation last week. Now cp from a USB drive to the internal sata drive
eats up all CPU. The cp command is run as root - currently no alternative
possible.

The USB drive is mounted during system startup.

A copy operation on the internal disk in question doesn't suffer from overuse
of CPU resources. Copying from the USB disk to the USB disk isn't perfect, but
uses only between 20-40% of CPU resources. The CPU frequency governor is set
to ondemand.

Can anybody suggest a remedy, please?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3