[arch-general] LightScribe

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Oct 28 12:35:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:12:54 +0300, Alex Theotokatos wrote:
>On 10/28/2016 02:30 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> has somebody successfully used LightsScribe on an up-to-date 64bit
>> Arch Linux install?
>>
>> Yesterday I tried to do it on Arch (4.8.4-1-ARCH 64bit, FWIW
>> threadirqs) and another 64bit distro without success. Later I used
>> another old 64bit bit distro's release for lack of time to
>> lightscribe a DVD. FWIW it works on a very old Ubuntu Quantal 12.10
>> (kernel 3.6.5-rt14 64bit) install, official unsupported since 2½
>> years ago.
>>
>If you refer to:
>https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lightscribe/
>which is for:
>http://www.lightscribe.com/
>I don't see their site is working. Dead project? I don't know.
>Wait a couple of days so their website will function again.

No, I don't refer to an AUR PKGBUILD for 32bit architecture. AFAIK
http://www.lightscribe.com/ is not just temporarily down. As already
pointed out, I'm using 64bit architecture. While I indeed used the
64bit LightScribe architecture PKGBUILDs from AUR, named bin32-*, e.g.
bin32-lightscribe, I even don't refer to those PKGBUILDs. Getting the
software isn't the problem. The AUR package does use
http://www.pawtec.com , but I also used http://www.yardbird.net , to
get the software.

I'm interested, if somebody gets LightScribe working on an up-to-date
64bit Arch Linux, not necessarily using AUR PKGBUILDs.

Regards,
Ralf