[arch-general] Single Drive Fresh Install (mbr/grub2) Fails to boot (can boot existing from .iso??)

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:24:52 UTC 2016

hi

This sounds like what I've been experiencing with sonar, a manjaro based
distro that's designed for accessibility. I just got a new, well new to
me anyway, dell precision workstation, and although the flash drive
boots and works fine, the installed system won't boot to the desktop. I
do get past the grub screen, but right as the display manager starts,
the screen turns black, and then goes all white, at which point the
system seems to hang. I've tried  everything I can possibly think of,
including clearing the bios, installing in both bios and uefi modes,
nothing seems to work so I'm forced to use windows. This is with the
gnome and mate desktops, so it's clearly not the display manager or the
kernel, since we use the current lts kernel. I can provide specs if
needed, but the core specs are an intel core i5 3320m processor at 2.6
ghz, a radeon fire pro m6000 graphics card, and 8 gb of ram.

Thanks

Kendell Clark