[arch-general] bitcoin-qt out-of-date

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Sep 1 16:57:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 13:24:08 -0300, Diego Viola via arch-general wrote:
>> through abs
>
> Yes, I think that's the best approach, I'll do that, thanks.

Hi,

if there should be a good reason to use the latest and greatest from
the minute it is released, ABS [1] is what I use regularly, let alone
that building from git could be required, then assuming an AUR git
package should be crap or a package shouldn't be available at all,
building our own package often isn't hard to do. Assuming that building
a package should be hard to do, then getting help from AUR general [2]
shouldn't be a problem, even if we don't want to maintain an AUR
package. IMO this is a part of the user-centric approach [3].

Regards,
Ralf

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System