[arch-general] Not being able to upgrade system because of catalyst-hook

Foxtrot Mike fulcrummike at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:27:37 UTC 2016

On 09/13/2016 01:42 PM, Sebastiaan Lokhorst via arch-general wrote:

>>> You should update the catalyst-hook package manually. The latest version
>>> supports Linux 4.7.
>>
>> this is misleading, as there is no upgrade.
>>

> What about version 15.9-12? It adds a patch to make it compatible with
> Linux 4.7
>
> [1]
> https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=catalyst-hook&id=1ed0d7e92f486d3b1bae49b9c43b34b29585d1c0

Thanks for the suggestion.

Could you tell me how to apply this patch? I downloaded this patch,
extracted it using tar, and then used 'makepkg -sri' to install it like
any other AUR package. It installed fine but now this slightly modified
error occurs while upgrading:

:: catalyst-hook: requires linux<4.7