[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] i686 and SSE2

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Sep 18 06:24:51 UTC 2016

>On Fri, 2016-09-16 at 21:44 +0200, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> > For the same reason I would not complain about requiring SSE4
> > instructions for amd64.

So you recommend to drop good hardware, to pollute our environment, to
waste rare earth elements and things like this?

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ sudo hwinfo --cpu | head -8
01: None 00.0: 10103 CPU
  [Created at cpu.457]
  Unique ID: rdCR.j8NaKXDZtZ6
  Hardware Class: cpu
  Arch: X86-64
  Vendor: "AuthenticAMD"
  Model: 15.107.2 "AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350"
  Features: fpu,vme,de,pse,tsc,msr,pae,mce,cx8,apic,sep,mtrr,pge,mca,cmov,pat,pse36,clflush,mmx,fxsr,sse,sse2,ht,syscall,nx,mmxext,fxsr_opt,rdtscp,lm,3dnowext,3dnow,rep_good,nopl,extd_apicid,eagerfpu,pni,cx16,lahf_lm,cmp_legacy,svm,extapic,cr8_legacy,3dnowprefetch,vmmcall,lbrv