[arch-general] Screen lock stopped working

Eric Blau eblau at eblau.com
Sun Sep 18 12:50:32 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 1:22 AM, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 12:14:30 -0400, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> >I'm running XFCE desktop btw.
>
> On Arch Linux using Xfce not necessarily explains what screen lock /
> screensaver you are using.

Personally, I noticed that using xscreensaver, the screen locks but never
enters standby, suspend, or off DPMS power saving modes. If I run "xset
dpms force off" the monitor immediately powers off and comes back on when I
hit a key or move the mouse. Also, xautolock is failing to detect
inactivity and suspend my computer as I have it configured to do.

This happened since upgrading from linux 4.6.4 to 4.7.2 and continues to
occur with 4.7.4. I've noticed this on two separate computers, one running
Intel graphics and the other running the nvidia driver.

The version of xscreensaver has been unchanged for me at 5.35 since 1 July.

-Eric