[arch-general] .xsession-errors - can't startx with that file

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Sep 18 14:29:47 UTC 2016

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 16:24:12 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 09:11:45 -0500, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
>>TL;DR: One Arch installation will allow redirecting startx's stderr to
>>a file, one won't.  What is the difference between systems?
>
>Hi,
>
>what actually was too long to read?
>
>Did you for testing purpose install a display manger, e.g. lightdm?
>Does lightdm or any other DM also not provide the wanted output? If so,
>what does the display manager's log file in /var provide?

Pardon, your mal was TL;DR, my bad, ok, .xsession-errors is used, here
is output, however, what is mentioned by "Please also check the log file
at "/home/dutch/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log" for additional
information"?

--
Death of ROXTerm
https://sourceforge.net/p/roxterm/discussion/422638/thread/60da6975/