[arch-general] Arch GNU/Linux install for beginners and new users

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Sep 22 17:36:28 UTC 2016

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:47:32 -0400, Francis Gerund wrote:
>And I do believe there are quite a few friendly, helpful people in the
>Arch community that will be happy to help, without questioning the
>pedigree of the user's installation.

You compare apples with oranges. Yes, I'm helping Antergos users, see
https://sourceforge.net/p/alsa/mailman/message/35379098/ . However, you
should notice that the link isn't an Arch related mailing list. Arch
general isn't the appropriate mailing list for Arch based distros. No
distro's forum can provide support for another distro, simply because it
isn't useful for those using the other distro, not because we are
cruel, we simply don't know this other distro and it's confusing for
those who use the distro that originally belongs to the forum, too.

Regards,
Ralf