[arch-general] Arch GNU/Linux install for beginners and new users

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Sep 22 17:57:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 19:39:29 +0200, Chris Warrick via arch-general
wrote:
>On 22 September 2016 at 17:31, Francis Gerund via arch-general
><arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> For beginners and new users, here is how to install Arch GNU/Linux,
>> without the agony:
>> And here is a "user-centric" alternative to Arch GNU/Linux:
>
>There’s no such thing as “Arch GNU/Linux”. The OS you’re thinking
>about is called “Arch Linux”.

Francis, as a starting point consider to beginn reading at
https://www.fsf.org/news/free-distributions-updates-kongoni-trisquel .
Perhaps we could find an end for this thread, before the list owner
decides to close the list for a day ;).

I'm still watching the install guide wiki, assuming that notifications
were not bounced, then until now nobody mentioned an issue with this
wiki, nobody added suggestions about what needs to be improved.

IMO the tone of voice by this thread became borderline.

I'm going to ignore this thread soon.

Regards,
Ralf