[arch-general] Arch GNU/Linux install for beginners and new users

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Sep 22 18:21:10 UTC 2016

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:11:28 -0400, Francis Gerund wrote:
>I did read the web page that you provided a link for.  I must confess
>that I did not see the relevance of the linked page to this
>discussion.  I seemed to be an announcement of two distributions being
>added to the FSF list of free software distributions, from 2009.
>
>???

We became way to off-topic.

Visiting the link it provides other links and IMO it makes clear how
much RMS / FSF philosophy is bound to GNU/Linux.

"Parabola GNU/Linux-libre – an Arch community-driven distribution that
is fully conformant with the GNU Free System Distribution Guidelines,
uses the Linux-libre kernel and excludes all other proprietary software
and firmware normally found in Arch" -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_Linux#Derivatives

2 Cents,
Ralf