[arch-general] Arch GNU/Linux install for beginners and new users

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:10:57 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Simon Gomizelj <simon at vodik.xyz> wrote:

> Its not a dig at GNU, the official name is either "Arch Linux" or
> "Arch". We're a GNU/Linux distro (though we don't meet the FSF
> foundation's definition, but you always have Parabola then).
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_terminology#Arch_Linux

Hi Simon.

Thank you for the link you provided.

"You say 'tomayto', I say 'tomahto' . . ."
"You say Arch (or Arch Linux, or archlinux), I say GNU/Linux . . .)

Either way, what does it matter?

I live in a culture that at least gives "lip service" to freedom of
speech.  Thus, I try not to tell other people what to say or not to say,
and I would hope for the same from others in return.