[arch-general] how to restore root and boot directory

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 17:46:03 UTC 2016

> Hi everyone
> while reinstalling arch on raspberry pi memory stick i had the two
> partitions mounted on mount points called root and boot  in my home dir
> on my laptop,
> i intended to delete everything in root and boot in my home directory
> but lost my mind and rm -rf /boot/* and /root/* instead,
> is there a easy way to restore files to boot and do i just fix the root
> user directory with useradd ?
> shadrock

/root really shouldn't have anything of importance, unless you left it
there - in which case, you can't recover it

/boot has the kernel, the initramfs - which can be recreated if you
reinstall the "linux" package

and probably some bootloader files that you can also reinstall
depending on the boot loader:
- grub-install
- extlinux
- bootctl