[arch-general] Microsoft Signature PC Requirements Now Blocks Linux Installation

Arsalan Afzal afzal.arsalan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 21:02:07 UTC 2016

I would personally recommend the Project Sputnik hardware from Dell
<http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/555/campaigns/xps-linux-laptop?c=us&l=en&s=biz>,
in particular the XPS 13 Developer Edition .They put a decent amount of
effort into making sure the BIOS and firmware at least work with the latest
version of Ubuntu and mainline these for the most part. Worst comes to
worst, you can just repackage the stuff from Ubuntu but I'd say pretty much
everything is working as well as it should on mainline Arch today.