[arch-general] Microsoft Signature PC Requirements Now Blocks Linux Installation

Christian Kruse cjk at defunct.ch
Thu Sep 29 08:40:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

Merlin Büge <toni at bluenox07.de> writes:

> But note that all that is not open source hardware (as mentioned
> above).

True, that's why I answered here and not earlier :-)

> Also I'm not getting the point in buying such hardware -- there is
> some linux distribution preinstalled, but that's it I guess. Or am I
> missing something?

I can be sure that everything works with Linux. I don't have the time or
the energy to check the hardware vendors manually, I want to buy
hardware that just works; my time is too limited and to precious to me
to work around hardware/driver flaws.

Best regards,
--
Christian Kruse