[arch-general] Microsoft Signature PC Requirements Now Blocks Linux Installation

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Sep 29 11:57:56 UTC 2016

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:35:00 +0200, Lukas Rose wrote:
>And the cases it didn't work out of the box were non-rolling-release
>Distros where most times a manual kernel upgrade to some more recent
>version fixed it.

Sometimes it requires a BIOS update. When my mobo was new, it could be
used with Linux, but a few BIOS updates were needed, before Linux run
stable.

Sometimes we simply don't notice that something doesn't work, because
we simply don't use it, something like...

"Certification notes

Suspend is not supported on this device

    The hardware design of this device does not support suspend (S3).
    Suspend, therefore, does not work."
- http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/201504-18282/

...won't be an issue for all users, but OTOH it likely is a very
serious issue for other users.

Regards,
Ralf