[arch-general] Building Telegram and libssl

Martin Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:56:25 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Sajjad Heydari via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hello Guys
>
> I have been trying to build telegram based on this:
> https://github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop/blob/master/doc/building-cmake.md
>
> I am in the final part and I keep getting this error:
> [  0%] Built target Updater
> [  1%] Built target codegen_numbers__qt_moc
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target '/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a', needed
> by 'codegen_numbers'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:457: CMakeFiles/codegen_numbers.dir/all]
> Error 2
> make: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2
>
> Now I understand that there is no libssl in arch and it's probably because
> of that. But how can I fix this issue?

Urm, first and foremost, makepkg filters out static libraries since a
couple of years.
I'm not sure about the context of the error, though, and why it looks
in /usr/local, which is strange. Maybe you need to run make
differently with make PREFIX=/usr?
How far the ssl implementation/s provided with arch can be used for
the code in question is the other thing you have to look into in order
to make this work.

cheers!
mar77i