[arch-general] Suppressing specific pacman warnings

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 16:13:59 UTC 2017

Op 1 apr. 2017 17:14 schreef "João Miguel via arch-general" <
arch-general at archlinux.org>:

Hello,

I have some unofficial repos added in pacman.conf, and at times use ABS
and the AUR, so I often get messages like this:

 # LANG=C pacman -Syu
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: udevil: local (0.4.4-2) is newer than community (0.4.4-1)
...(10 messages from unofficial repos)...

You could use basic shell redirection;

pacman -Syu 2>&1 | egrep -v "is newer than"

The example uses egrep because that is easy with multiple patterns
(seperated with pipe symbols).

For real ease, test a few cases, then make a function of it.

Mvg, Guus Snijders