[arch-general] Mount point of MTP devices?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 5 17:50:02 UTC 2017

Am 02.04.2017 um 07:06 schrieb Rijul Gulati via arch-general:
> Hello,
> I have recently installed Arch on my desktop machine (KDE).
> I want to access android device (MTP) from terminal. The device is
> accessible from file manager (Dolphin). This means it has to be mounted
> somewhere (right?).

No.

MTP is not a file system. There are some pseudo file systems that could
mount it, but obviously with limited functionality (after all, it's not
a file system). mtpfs ([1]) seems like an obvious choice, but I have
never used it, so I don't know if it even works.

As others have said, Dolphin accesses it via the kio framework.

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/mtpfs/