[arch-general] arch health

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Apr 20 07:21:01 UTC 2017

On 04/19/2017 07:22 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> In my experiences Arch is very healthy.

Taking the needed time to git it done correctly the first time is NOT an
indication of poor health -- just the opposite. I would rather have packages
stay in testing an additional 30 days and have all problems addressed than
have it called "good enough" in some arbitrary rush that results in more
problems and bug reports down the line.

Since the infighting of systemd and the libc move have been relegated to
history, I haven't seen any indication of ill heath since that time. (having
to build php56 from AUR is a bit of a pain, but that too is no indication of
any ill health in the distro...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.