[arch-general] arch health

Tinu Weber takeya at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 20 13:23:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 16:10:18 +0300, Francisco Barbee via arch-general wrote:
> > IMO it's unhealthy to be in a hurry, apart from
> this seemingly not everybody needs those security
> features.
>
> [...]
>
> > Arch isn't ill, there seems to be no foreseeable
> risk that Arch could become ill. If somebody
> should really experience some illness, then please
> don't be vague, post a pointer to the illness.
>
> [...]
>
> > I only claim that I don't experience illness and
> that my impression is, that Arch is distinctly
> healthy. In my experience more healthy, than any
> other distro I experience/experienced.
>
> [...]
>
> > Imagine everybody who wants something, Arch
> doesn't provide, would argue with being "a little
> concerned about arch's overall health", to get it
> into Arch.

Hello, this is unrelated, but it appears that your MUA or MTA screws up
the formatting of your mails, making it difficult to follow this
conversation, as I have to figure out for each line whether it's part of
a quote or not.

Also, it's hard to read, like in this example:

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 13:14:08 +0300, Francisco Barbee via arch-general wrote:
> > On 20 April 2017 at 03:23:04, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > I would be concerned, if too many security
> features not everybody needs,
> > would become default. Why not dropping security
> features completely and
> > instead making real-time optimised features the
> default? This is a
> > rhetorical question, but actually I would prefer
> the latter.

Would you mind finding out why that is so, and try to fix that?
Thank you in advance!

Best,
Tinu