[arch-general] Video output failure still

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Apr 23 06:23:29 UTC 2017

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 23:04:58 +0100, pete nikolic via arch-general wrote:
>started happening around 2 months ago but have not been able to pin
>down exactly which update caused the failure
>vdpau_display vout display error

Have you googled for "vdpau display vout display error"? I'm asking,
because you didn't mention what exactly you already have done, to pin
down the culprit. Don't read just Arch related posts, consider to also
read e.g. Ubuntu related posts, if Arch related posts shouldn't cover
this issue for the same graphics.
Have you e.g. ensured that regarding the driver everything is ok?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hardware_video_acceleration#Installing_VDPAU

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/downgrading_packages

/var/log/pacman.log helps you to search for packages that might have to
do with the issue.