[arch-general] Best practices for creating an Arch Docker image

nfnty arch at nfnty.se
Fri Apr 28 05:23:09 UTC 2017

I've been maintaining minimal and hardened Arch images and container
configurations for several years now that are updated regularly [1].

All my images are based on the image `nfnty/arch-mini` [2] which has
been made to be as minimal and automated as possible. It is built from
scratch using a bootstrap archive that is built inside another container
using the image `nfnty/arch-bootstrap` [3]. The bootstrap archive can be
built outside of the container using the same script [4] as the image does.

You can find many of my images with automated builds on Docker Hub [5].

//nfnty

[1] https://github.com/nfnty/dockerfiles
[2] https://github.com/nfnty/dockerfiles/tree/master/images/arch-mini/latest
[3]