[arch-general] Tobias Powalowski and his nonsensical maintenance decisions

fnodeuser fnodeuser at binkmail.com
Sat Apr 29 20:58:21 UTC 2017

i do not thank you for your conclusion jumping and for the censorship ("I have put you on moderation.").

you have disappointed me Florian.

time to set the record straight.

> Florian Pritz,
>
> 1. i am not annoying, i am rational.
>
> 2. testing the stable minor releases makes no sense. we should be testing the release candidates of 4.11
> since its stable release is nearing. that would actually be beneficial to the users. the placing of stable
> minor releases in testing is only delaying the distribution of the fixes to the users.
>
> also, AL users are expected to RTFM. AL is for advanced users and for people who are willing to learn how to
> administrate their system(s).
>
> 3. he has known about it for many months. https://www.archlinux.org/todo/use-gpg-signatures-and-https-sources/

the above reply was rejected yesterday by little Florian for this reason:

> The moderator gave the following reason for rejecting your request:
>
> "Your message was deemed inappropriate by the moderator."

i know. it is so 'inappropriate' that Pope Francis would have died if he ever read it.

now, on to the rest.

about the '4+ days' thing. reread my message, carefully, because you have difficulties comprehending what i typed.
hint: it is about delaying things for no good reason.

two more maintenance examples, a recent Antonio Rojas one (once again, he edited today another imperfect PKGBUILD
file and left it imperfect), and a Sébastien Luttringer one (an example of stupidity):

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/help2man&id=47e0c555b37f059be552a930a5da80130942d5a6
an md5 hash is still used and ftp.gnu.org is HTTPS-enabled. nevertheless, i must say that he has improved.

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/btrfs-progs&id=c2dab0f16df636bb0ea94e54d7f116d5d1504e60
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/kdave/btrfs-progs/sha256sums.asc
he has learning difficulties.

Carsten Mattner,

yes, it is true. sometimes things break, but things can be fixed and there are ways to avoid breakage. RTFM and/or RTFW
is a requirement.[1] also, because of evolution, each one of us possess a brain that can do 'miracles' when it is actually
used. use it, people. i know that there are people for whom the activity of thinking is extremely painful, but we cannot
stop 'rolling' because of them.

in almost all cases it is the AL user's fault.

if one is careless and clueless, bad things can and do happen. that is true almost everywhere, not only in system administration.

-

"They see me rollin', They hatin'!" (AL is a rolling release distro, and we want to (rock and) 'roll' forever)

_
[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman#Skip_package_from_being_upgraded
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman#Skip_package_group_from_being_upgraded
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman#Skip_files_from_being_installed_to_system

PS: Florian's censorship necessitated the use of a different address. any complaints about the message being out of the existing
threads are invalid and remarks about my disposable email address are irrelevant.

Florian, remove me immediately from 'moderation' to prove: 1. that you actually want to have an honest discussion about anything
and everything, 2. that you are a decent person.

PPS: whoever you are, you are so cute! port scanning my IP address yesterday, and today registering around with my name.