[arch-general] [Questions] Questions from past project and ideas fomr -dev-public that get silence.

Alexander Harrigan alexanderharrigan at techmail.info
Sun Apr 30 13:31:19 UTC 2017

I think the problem is lack of information about statuses of various projects.
Users can't disticnt between something that is being worked on slowly because
of lack of time of dev or technical difficulties and something totally
forgotten. I think it would be helpful if features/isues discussed here have
official tickets in Arch bugsystem where everyone could see current status
with dev commentary and could ask questions. It doesn't need to be updated
daily or weekly but we could point to it everyone who's interested instead of
creating new topics here or on forum over and over.

On On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 08:33 AM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski
<bpiotrowski at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 2017-04-30 09:43, Pablo Roberto Lezaeta Reyes via arch-general wrote:

> > During this and the end of previous year some ideas and projects
were

> > started to adress some problems, but most of them get now silence
and

> > nothing more.

> > I'm talking about

> > * ABS deprecation draft, Will be one or just ABS will be removed and
ASP

> > (which sound like Active Server Pages) will be pushed or both will
coexist

> > until it get broken?

> asp is already in extra. Yesterday I prepared changes to Ansible

> playbooks and another one for disabling ABS. I just need to write a news

> draft.

> (Again, because I believe not everyone gets it: we're doing everything

> in our personal, free time; our lives do not end on making Arch.)

> > * What happend with the project of sign-off from non TU that was
mentioned

> > a few months? Is still runing? is there a way/path to get involved?

> We're getting signoffs from selected group of testers. You can contact

> Florian Pritz if you want to become one; we should probably think about

> more formal way of getting new people in.

> > * What about the new build flags [1], Now that Allan is not more the

> > maintainer and that either Debian and Fedora enabled PIE on binutils

> > sucessfully aparently, What will happend? Will it be enabled? What
about

> > the other flags?

> The issue has been fixed upstream; as noted previously I will handle

> this when time allows. This will definitely happen sooner than later,

> probably in May.

> Bartłomiej

\-- Sent using MsgSafe.io's Free Plan Private, encrypted, online communication
For everyone. https://www.msgsafe.io