[arch-general] Malformed URL when plugging in External HDD

Lukas Rose lists at lrose.de
Wed Aug 2 10:21:34 UTC 2017

Also check if it gets properly mounted after clicking on it in the file manager / whatever. Use the "mount"-command in the terminal without arguments to display all mounted volumes with their options and mount points. Check if your external volume is listed there (at the bottom of the list) and if there's a folder in the file system next to it. If there is, your HDD should be accessible in that folder. Use "lsblk" to identify your HDD if you don't know the drive letter. Maybe an entry in /etc/fstab explicitly specifying the drive's UUID and some specific folder and options for mounting it may fix the behaviour of KDE.

Regards,
Lukas