[arch-general] Why doesn't svntogit/{community, packages} describe cloning (or download) of individual packages?

beest gnubeest at zoho.com
Sun Aug 6 17:32:07 UTC 2017

On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 12:15:42AM -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
>   Nowhere are there options to download or clone the current repository (like
> github) and nowhere is there a mention of 'asp export pkgname'. There is no
> wiki for asp and the only mention is in the ABS page -- and that information
> relates to the svn part of the tree.

Actually (aside from what you've already been told about the nature of
the repository and the opportunity to change the wiki), you could have
discovered this from the very same place you ostensibly learned about
the switch to asp -- from arch-announce, where 'asp export pkgname' is
currently plastered at the top of the archlinux.org feed. So not only is
there very much a mention of it, it's in exactly the one place we're
expected to monitor for distro changes.