[arch-general] makepkg - any way to recompile only newly patched files in large packages?

Christoph Gysin christoph.gysin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 11:06:52 UTC 2017

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 10:39 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> If it wasn't clear, I have already built the gtk2 package yesterday to
> --enable-debug=yes so I have all of the files in a state I could call
> --repackge on, except for the gtk/gtkrecentchooser.c file with the one line
> change. I was wondering if there was a way to avoid the full 15 minute rebuild
> of all of gtk2 and just compile gtkrecentchooserdefault.c to object and then
> --repackage?

Not the answer to your question, but you might consider configuring
/etc/makepkg.conf to use ccache to speed up rebuilds. Also set
MAKEFLAGS=-j4 or similar to make sure you are using all available
cores.

--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org at fr33z3