[arch-general] How to build nvidia driver?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Aug 11 08:33:44 UTC 2017

On 08/11/2017 12:49 AM, Manuel Reimer wrote:
>> downgrade nvidia nvidia-lts nvidia-dkms libxnvctrl nvidia-settings
>> nvidia-utils opencl-nvidia lib32-nvidia-utils lib32-opencl-nvidia
>
> Where can I get this "downgrade" command?

pacman -U supports downgrade...

I believe the intent was:

 1) go download the package versions of each file you want into a temporary
directory, change to that directory; and then

 2) as root (or use sudo)

 3) # pacman -U *.xz (in the temporary directory containing only the files to
be downgraded)

I don't want to put any words in Ralf's mouth, but I don't know of any other
way to do it :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.