[arch-general] Strange time sync problem.

Matthew Dyer ilovecountrymusic483 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 15:07:12 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have an arch machine with mate as the desktop.  I am using orca all
works well, but 1 problem that is driving me crazy is time zone
syncrinization.  If I get time with orca t, I here the time 4 hours
ahead of my local time.  For example, If I press orca t for time, it
will tell me that it is  15:-01.  It is speaking in 24 hour time rather
than 12 hour.  It is about 11 am eastering at time of writing this
message.  I am wondering if there is a way to fix this.  I installed
gnome control center and set it to sync timezone info  and to use am-pm
but the is not being used dispite the changed.  How can I fix this?
Thanks.  I tried tz select, but not sure whare the file is to set
globalble.  hanks.

Matthew