[arch-general] text console no longer turns off (it blanks, but powered) after 4.12.5 or xf86-video-ati update

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Aug 16 08:49:17 UTC 2017

On 08/15/2017 11:32 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> PPS: A few days ago I tested a LCD monitor. Screen blanking already
> caused the monitor to completely power off (after hat it was needed to
> turn on the monitor by the monitor's power button). Perhaps you changed
> some Eco settings of your monitor? Maybe your monitor powered off
> triggered by screen blanking and now it doesn't do it anymore?

Ralf,

  Thank you for your suggestions. I'll go through the DPMS page again. I
haven't change a single-thing on my system, so Eco setting, no monitor
settings, no nothing. Past 7-8 years same config, monitor always powers down,
as soon as the updates went in on 8/11, DPMS just quit working for the text
console. Crossing-fingers the DPMS has a hidden nugget somewhere inside :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.