[arch-general] Cinnamon desktop and keybindings

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Aug 28 23:14:30 UTC 2017

Hey hey,
I've started trying Cinnamon as a desktop. Since I'm blind, I rely on the
keyboard shortcuts. The standard keybindings doesn't appear to give me much
access though.

Using gsettings I've identified a few Cinnamon related schemas. Though not all
of them are taking effect. I've read about some keybinding and customisation
issues online. So...
Which keybinding schemas have a real effect on the environment? Is there
perhaps a configuration for keyboard access to Cinnamon, without media-keys
(those special keys some keyboards have)?

Any practical advise on this is very much appreciated.

Thank you and best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

Where are you now, what have you found
Where is your heart, when I'm not around <3
(Britney Spears)