[arch-general] Install Archlinux on HP Elitebook

Florijan Hamzic florijanh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 09:04:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

i also would say systemd-boot should be used with uefi:

1. make sure you have bootable image with *UEFI* ArchLinux Image and the *EFI
partition* must be available (
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface#Requirements_for_UEFI_variable_support
)
2. as mentioned in the wiki you need to have the latestHP firmware (
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HP_EliteBook_840_G1)
3. install systemd-boot (
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/systemd-boot#EFI_boot)
4. you need to manually add a new EFI Boot entry in your BIOS pointing to
the boot loader file (from Step 3) (
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HP_EliteBook_840_G1)

best regards