[arch-general] How to build package in "clean chroot" using the "-U" parameter?

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 22 14:17:50 UTC 2017

Em dezembro 22, 2017 10:31 Manuel Reimer escreveu:

> Question is: What is the intended goal. I guess it is not what I want to do?

Well, so far you said you want to autobuild some packages and that it MUST run
as root, with no good reason why.

> My autobuild process runs as root. It also directly updates the chroot
> which also needs root permissions so it's the best to start with "root"
> and then drop privileges for the tasks that shouldn't run with root
> privileges. The whole system is a dedicated build VM, so there is no
> reason to not use "root" for the main purpose of this machine.

There's no reason to change the way the software gets built either. It seems
to me you're trying to avoid some extra work by running everything as root.

> That seems to be the one that works for me.

If you share more of what you're trying to do, and your goals, perhaps we can
help more. So far it seems like a mild XY problem.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini