[arch-general] [archlinux] shepherd in Arch

Javier j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 01:24:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

Looking into [1] and [2], I noticed it's possible to get openRC
working from AUR in Arch, but more importantly, seems like it's also
possible to get shepherd working on Arch from AUR [1][3].  However, as
opposed to openRC, shepherd seems less documented.  Both shepherd and
openRC appear as integrated inits for Arch...

Any documentation on migration to shepherd from AUR?

Please notice my intention is not to start a discussion about inits.
I know systemd is the "de facto" init for Arch.  I just would like to
try shepherd on Arch.  If possible using besides eudev, also elogind,
which seem also available from AUR.  And all this from AUR...

Thanks,

--
Javier

[1]  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Init