[arch-general] Ping: 100% package loss

Thorsten Jolitz tjolitz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 18:12:28 UTC 2017

Damjan Georgievski via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> writes:

>> And the most surprising thing is, that it worked for one single moment,
>> see the PS, and stopped working after the next reboot - with all what I
>> tried to make it work still untouched and in place.
>>
>> Any further tipps here?
>
> do you even have an IPv6 service from your ISP?
> try pinging [2a00:1450:401b:801::2004] (an address I get for
> www.google.com)

thats the confusing thing, I more or less randomly end up in one of
three situations (without changing anything), trying to ping
www.google.com:

 - IPv6 is tried , but takes forever and has 100% package loss
   (frecuent).
 - pinging IPv6 addresses works (very rare)
 - pinging pure IPv6 addresses (ipv6.google.com) results in 'network
   not found', but pinging www.google.com results in a successfull
   IPv4 ping (very rare)

So this is just an ISP problem, and the only reasonable solution is to
deactivate IPv6 on my system? I'll try that.

--
cheers,
Thorsten