[arch-general] Ping: 100% package loss

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:26:58 UTC 2017

Op 2 feb. 2017 20:58 schreef "Thorsten Jolitz via arch-general" <
arch-general at archlinux.org>:

Robin via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> writes:

>> - IPv6 is tried , but takes forever and has 100% package loss
>>   (frecuent).
>> - pinging IPv6 addresses works (very rare)

 [...]
that explains it very well. ping can be forced to use a certain
protocol, but my webbrowser doing google searches (e.g. textbased W3M)
seems to always try v6 if its available.

Which just leaves the question: do you want to use IPv6 or do you prefer
IPv4?

In the first case, perhaps a tunnel provider can help as your current setup
appears flaky at best. In the second case, it's probably better to find out
how to disable IPv6 on your machine.

Mvg, Guus Snijders