[arch-general] Generating gdb debug logs for devs

Pekka Järvinen pekka.jarvinen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 00:37:53 UTC 2017

Hi,

arch-general at archlinux.org>:

> Since you are a beginner, maybe it would have been better to first
> just compile lxrandr manually, instead of with makepkg.

This finally provided results!

main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=<optimized out>) at lxrandr.c:783
783    fixed = LVDS ? LVDS : monitors->data;

I would suggest mentioning this manual compiling to the wiki page
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Debug_-_Getting_Traces so that others
don't need to use hours/days figuring out this again.

And yes, I used the makepkg-debug.conf without getting debug info.

--
Pekka Järvinen