[arch-general] Ardour 5.6 released - status on update

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 01:24:02 UTC 2017

On 02/11/2017 07:33 PM, Donovan Cameron via arch-general wrote:
> Hey Britt,
>
> We've kind of all experienced delayed package updates and I recommend
> the following, it will let it take it's natural course!
>
> 1.) Flag it out of date, probably is already

The maintainer is certainly aware, that much is plainly evident!
Flagging a package out-of-date does nothing other than make the
maintainer aware, it isn't some magic oldness-slaying bullet.

> 2.) Inquire with the package maintainer directly over email and offer
> suggestions or to help

I think we can safely assume from the tone of the email you are replying
to (and, for that matter, the previous emails in this mailing list on
the subject) that that has already been done.

> 3.) Seek a co-maintainer or become one yourself

How do you recommend someone become a co-maintainer of a package in the
[extra] repo, keeping in mind that becoming a TU requires considerably
more than the current maintainer's willingness to share? And TUs can
only push packages to [community], not [core] and [extra] ...

Please, helpful suggestions only! And keep in mind this is not the
aur-general mailing list, so AUR-specific advice is not helpful (and I
suspect ardour users don't want to see it dropped to the AUR either).

--
Eli Schwartz