[arch-general] syslinux.cfg

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Thu Feb 16 02:59:55 UTC 2017

On 02/15/2017 09:09 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is the no way to get a menu
>

> Arch kernel 1
> Arch Kernel 2
> Foo  Kernel 1
> Foo  Kernel 2
>

> when using syslinux?
>
> Or even while booting another Linux requires chainloading, there's a
> feature to chose between all available kernels of another Linux by the
> "main" menu?
>
> IIUC chainloading only could provide
>

> Arch kernel 1
> Arch Kernel 2
> Foo
>

> and just when selecting Foo I can chose between
>

> Foo  Kernel 1
> Foo  Kernel 2
>
> and perhaps
>
> Arch
>

> so assuming I then decide to go back to the Arch menu, I need to
> chainload Arch from the chainloaded other Foo Linux?
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Not sure exactly what you're trying to do.  I have my syslinux showing
the following menu choices at boot:

Arch Linux
Arch Linux - single user
Arch Linux - fallback
Arch Linux - LTS kernel
Arch Linux - LTS kernel, single user
Arch Linux - LTS kernel, fallback
Windows 7
hdt
reboot

Not sure if that's what you're aiming for or not.  If it is, I'm happy
to send you a copy of my syslinux.cfg.

Best,

DR