[arch-general] Intel graphics issue

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Feb 21 16:29:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

this is my first Intel graphics and the first time I can't get rid of an
issue. I never experienced such an issue with NVIDIA or ATI graphics.

In the upper left corner of the screen, there's a flashing line,
whenever I use lower resolutions than 1152x864 at 60 Hz.

With my Arch Linux I'm using 1152x864 at 90 Hz and there's no
noticeable flashing line, but for the syslinux menu or e.g. a live media
I need to use different resolutions at 60 Hz.

If I switch from 1152x864 at 90 Hz to 1024x768 at 60 Hz, something I
seldom, but sometimes need to do, a flashing line is visible when
running Arch Linux, too.

I posted this to an Intel forum:

"Hi,

in the upper left corner of the screen, there's a flashing line visible
at the syslinux bootloader menu, as well as when running a Linux window
manager, e.g. openbox on Arch Linux or a Linux desktop environment,
e.g. Ubuntu Mate 16.10.

CPU: INTEL CELERON G1840 BX80646G1840
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H
CRT: LIFETEC/MEDION MD1998JB Type J91B

This doesn't happen, when using the same monitor with an ASUS M2A-VM
HDMI mobo and an AMD Athlon BE-2350 CPU.

How can I get rid of this annoying flashing line.

Regards,

Ralf" - https://communities.intel.com/message/455301#455301

This is the currently used xorg.conf:

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep -v "#" /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Module"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "dri2"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load		"GLcore"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Plug 'n' Play"
	ModelName    "Plug 'n' Play"
	DisplaySize  305 230
	HorizSync    29-98
	VertRefresh  50-120
	modeline 	"1152x864" 128.42 1152 1232 1360 1568 864 865 868 910
	Gamma	1.0
EndSection

Section "Device"

	Identifier  "Card0"