[arch-general] Inquiry about research paper

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Feb 21 23:35:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-02-22 at 08:18 +0900, Jaewon Choi via arch-general wrote:
> What changes that do you think systemd should make to improve itself?
> For instance, ‘typing systemctl everytime is bothersome. Systemd should
> shorten it to sctl instead.

A user should get the skills to add an alias with what ever should
please her. It makes sense to avoid similar names. "sctl" is similar to
"sysctl", while "systemctl" follows the style of the system family
"system...". For many computer users typing isn't an issue. It makes
more sense to have plausible default names.

> Is there anything else you would like to tell me about systemd?

Not about systemd, but about your request. This is the wrong list for
such a request and apart from this, it's the wrong time to ask those
questions. You are years too late with those questions.

Regards,
Ralf