[arch-general] Announcing pacpak

pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de
Wed Feb 22 08:43:02 UTC 2017

On 02/22/2017 08:35 AM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> Note that if you want to fine-tune a sandbox for a single application,
> bubblewrap is great. However, what I wanted is that I can install the
> GNOME packages in one tree and then create other trees out of it, for
> example one with gnome-maps and one with gnome-2048, but without
> redownloading all files […]

Well, looking back at old messages in this thread, redownloading is not
necessary when sharing /var/cache. Either way, if someone still wants to
use bubblewrap for filesystem isolation, it is better to use the manual
method described on the bubblewrap entry on the Arch wiki because manual
maintenance may be required anyway.