[arch-general] Ardour 5.6 released - status on update

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Feb 28 18:59:36 UTC 2017

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 11:37:46 +0600, Ray Rashif wrote:
>On 18 February 2017 at 10:57, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> did you notice this
>>
>> http://lists.ardour.org/pipermail/ardour-users-ardour.
>> org/2017-February/028286.html
>>
>> ?
>Ralf,
>
>No, thanks for pointing that out. Since we don't track master we'll
>have to backport the particular fix if they don't tag a release.

Hi Ray,

they did provide a new version:

http://lists.ardour.org/pipermail/ardour-users-ardour.org/2017-February/028297.html

I anyway build the Ardour package myself. However, most likely I'll stay
with

[weremouse at moonstudio ~]$ sudo systemd-nspawn -qD /mnt/archlinux pacman -Q ardour5
[snip]
ardour5 5.5-1

to avoid any risk for my current project that was started with
Ardour 5.5.

Regards,
Ralf