[arch-general] change in hooks recently?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 01:43:43 UTC 2017

On 12/31/2016 07:32 PM, Javier Vasquez via arch-general wrote:
> Jaja, I didn't inspect the files owned by systemd.  My bad, :-)

Or, if you just care which packages have files there but not what files
those are:

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/initcpio

> I see...  So systemd is also covered, and there's no need for my hook
> anymore.  That's great !

The linux package maintainer did this specifically so people would never
have to remember to do it by hand (or use custom hooks) anymore. ;)

AFAIK you should never end up in a position where the initramfs needs to
be updated but files in /usr/lib/initcpio weren't updated/installed.

--
Eli Schwartz