[arch-general] group install

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Jan 5 16:07:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:29:24 +0100, Florian Pritz via arch-general wrote:
>On 05.01.2017 13:24, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Actually I shouldn't have replied to your request and instead ban
>> your email address.
>
>Good thing you can't ban people from this list. I could, but I'll give
>you another chance to not hit reply the next time you'd want to write a
>reply like this.

This isn't the point. Subscribers could ban senders by their servers or
MUAs, without even let the sender know that they did. We all sometimes
ask stupid questions, but this seriously was a strange request and
apart from this, you could assume "irony", since I helped the OP, but I
also wanted to add a comment.

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 21:54:21 +0800, Tim Ye via arch-general wrote:
>>Actually I shouldn't have replied to your request and instead ban your
>>email address.
>
>I'm sorry if I violated any rule of the list.

My apologies, if my _ironical_ wording should have been to harsh, but it
was a "let me google that for you" question, especially strange, since
you already were reading the Arch Wiki.

>>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman#Installing_package_groups
>
>Thank you for your kindly help, that worked.

You are welcome!

Regards,
Ralf