[arch-general] Gnome crash

Olli olli at coderkun.de
Sun Jan 15 18:55:46 UTC 2017

Hi Frank,

On 15.01.17 19:41, Frank Zimmermann wrote:
> since yesterday my Gnome Shell  crashes at start with the following
> message in the log:
> gnome-session-f[1207]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f01adab3cc9 sp
> 00007ffd261ce930 error 4 in libgtk-3.so.0.2200.6[7f01ad7d1000+6fa000]
>
> Is this a problem other Gnome users see as well?

I experience the same issue – happend some days ago already – and could
only resolve it by “resetting” the complete dconf configuration
(deleting folder ~/.config/dconf). I guess it is not necessary to delete
all dconf configuration settings but I couldn’t figure out which one is
the culprit. Maybe it is only a certain setting or an extension.

However the Gnome shell still seems very instable and crashes when e. g.
searching the dasboard for certain terms.

It would be good to get to the root of these problems …

Regards,
Olli