[arch-general] Hibernation not working

ber532k ber532k at gmx.de
Sun Jan 22 11:16:33 UTC 2017

I had the same issue with my laptop some days ago. At the moment it
seems to be working most times though, no idea why. I only made some
seemingly unrelated changes in BIOS settings (fan speed, battery charging).

The screen went blank, came back a second (as it usually does when about
to hibernate) and went blank again. After that the laptop would still
not turn off until the battery was fully drained. If I turned it off
manually after the screen went blank the second time, however, it would
later still resume all right. I guess it's something about triggering
the correct acpi-event for poweroff or something.