[arch-general] Basic questions about Linux's sound system

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Jan 31 15:29:12 UTC 2017

The consortium is freedesktop.org and it also made wifi-menu.  However,
in terms of pulseaudio I think in many instances it's more trouble than
helpful.  For one thing, the terminology in the software is alien to
alsa and sometimes pulseaudio gets confused and I have to use a script
to correct the sound output over here that handles alsa and straightens
my configuration out.
People using orca have had and have issues with pulseaudio too.